FREE python tool that I created to aid you in the look development process with Autodesk Maya and Arnold renderer.
There are multiple HDRs to choose from and tool allows users to switch them on the fly. Tool also enables users to create quick turntables to present their assets in a nice way with Macbeth charts, chrome and gray spheres. Also, there are Depth of field and focusing controls. You can also use your own favourite HDR images (.hdr and .exr format), and work with them in your lookdev process.
Microsoft Windows, Autodesk Maya 2018+ and Arnold renderer
More info in the TOOL DOCUMENTATION
All this is created in my free time, so I'm giving it for free. If you find this tool useful you can add a small tip before downloading it.
06. May 2020 - Lookdev Kit 2.1
- When you load lookdev kit it will set ldv camera as main view camera
- Turntable Start Frame dropdown - you can choose what is your timeline start frame. Choose either 1 or 1001 as your Starting frame
- Auto asset framing - if you have your asset selected while clicking on Load LDV kit it will automatically adapt to your aset size and frame it correctly. You can always adjust the framing
- Skydome is now visible in viewport
- Skydome HDR resolution was default 1000, now it is 2048
- Skydome rotation Offset didn't worked in turntable mode, it was resetting on frame change
- Turntable Object rotation Offset didn't worked in turntable mode, it was resetting on frame change
- Set Turntable now adds Object rotation Offset slider value when making turntable
- UI Turntable Object rotation Offset didn't get right value after the UI launch
- Fixed SubD On asset selections - it didn't worked well in previous release
- Shadow Catcher plane is much larger now, you won't have shadows with sharp cuts in some lighting conditions
- Lookdevkit UI now launches on the right side of the main viewport, not in the center
- Turntable created one additional frame, now it creates correct number of frames
- Because I've added more features in the new release, if you have a scene with Lookdev kit 2.0 already loaded, script will automatically remove it upon running
- Added Batch renderer. You can now render your turntables on multiple HDRs with few clicks. More about this in documentation
- I created a Lookdev Kit documentation page where you can find all information about functionality of the tool
- A bunch of smaller fixes that created bugs
For use on an unlimited number of commercial projects with no limits on sales or views.Learn More