I had a lot of work lately and I couldn't find time to publish new update. But here it is :)
You can download it from MY STORE FOR FREE
02. September 2020 - Lookdev kit 2.3
- SHADER GENERATOR (SHD GEN) - Added new feature called Shader Generator - You just have to type in shader name, choose texture/shader channels that you want to use and click create. It will generate a shader with added aiColorCorrect, aiRange, aiClamp and aiColorToFloat nodes. You just have to connect your textures and start your lookdev process.
- Checker texture scale set to 3 so that checker tiles are a bit smaller in the viewport.
- Color Management (CM) and OCIO - LDV kit now supports use of ACES config in the CM preferences. If you use ACES config it will automatically detect it and switch IDT on skydome to the proper color space. It expects linear images because most of the HDRs from internet are linear.
I'm still trying to figure out how to handle multiple files with different color spaces. In the end I will probably create a ACES converter...
- fixed Refresh HDRs command - there was a bug on recent Maya/Arnold versions that made .tx creation to crash. It is fixed now.
Shader Generator Ui
Shader Generator node output
Just delete the old version and copy new in the same place.
Don't forget to check DOCUMENTATION PAGE for more details about Lookdev Kit functionality.
If you have any errors and bugs feels free to contact me.